Lyndhurst is pleased to announce its commitment to the Financial Vulnerability Charter to help promote the fair treatment of clients who may find themselves in a vulnerable situation. The Financial Vulnerability Taskforce https://www.fvtaskforce.com/ is a newly created independent representative body covering the Personal Finance Sector. Its ultimate purpose is to promote greater UNDERSTANDING, encourage appropriate BEHAVIOURS and establish GOOD PRACTICE in respect of consumer vulnerability.
We are committed to abide by the nine commitments of the charter as outlined in the consumer guide
- Making advice easier to understand
- Placing your interests above all else
- Understanding how your circumstances might make you vulnerable
- Not making assumptions about you
- Not labelling you
- Dealing with you sensitively
- Adapting processes and maintaining your confidentiality
- Ensuring staff are knowledgeable and appropriately trained
- Taking appropriate action if you are in harm’s way
The Financial Conduct Authority defines someone in vulnerable circumstances as being especially susceptible to (financial) harm, particularly when a firm is not acting with appropriate levels of care.