We are alerting our clients of a current and convincing scam in which unauthorised ‘Clone Firms’ are contacting people offering investment opportunities in the name of genuine FCA authorised firms.
These fraudsters use their own, seemingly legitimate, contact details and may quote legitimate Firm Reference Numbers.
A ‘Clone Firm’ that has been brought to our attention via a Lyndhurst client, with an investment opportunity too good to be true, is claiming to be Investec Asset Management Limited. Upon investigation, we have identified these fraudsters who approached our client directly via email and prevented them from deceiving our client further.
Below are the details they may use:
- Investec Asset Management Limited (clone of FCA authorised firm)
- Address: Woolgate Exchange, 25 Basinghall Street, London, EC2V 5HA (Clone of FCA Authorised Firm’s Address)
- Telephone: 020 3642 2707, 020 7097 1362
- Fax: 0872 113 2293, 020 7097 1363
- Email: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
Be aware that the scammers may give out other false details or mix these with some correct details of the authorised firm.
Reporting a Clone Suspect
If you suspect you have been approached by an unauthorised clone firm please contact your adviser or call our offices before making any investment decision.