Lyndhurst are able to offer independent quotes for Income Protection Insurance from a number of providers and if you contact us we will be happy to provide some quotations.
- Income Protection can provide an income should you be unable to work for an extended period of time due to illness.
- The income provided is up to a maximum of 75% of Salary
- The benefit can be written to retirement and will continue to pay out until you are ready to return to work.
- The benefit starts after a defined period of time known as a “deferred period”. This usually coincides with the number of weeks you receive full pay from your employer. If you have other insurance such as Accident, Sickness and Unemployment benefit you may set the deferred period for the term of this benefit as not to double insure yourself.
- The longer the deferred period, the cheaper the premiums.
- Cover can be written back to day one with a deferred period of 4 weeks, although typical cover will have a 13 week deferred period.